I think I am a sweet muffin girl at heart. A friend thought I should try a savoury one and whlist they taste perfectly good, I still expect to have the taste of a blueberry on my lips and not cheese. I have tried one with coffee, one with tea, one hot and one cold, one with butter and one for breakfast…oh they are all gone! Perhaps they were not so bad after all! Still not entirely convinced though……. My boys card made up for them though!
So if you are a savoury muffin person I used the following with inspiration from
1 egg, beaten
140g self-raising flour
75g grated Cheddar cheese
2 salad onions, chopped and fried in 15g butter to soften
Grated nutmeg to taste
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins
1. Preheat the oven to 190 C / Gas 5. Line a muffin tin with paper cases.
2. Mix the milk and eggs together.
3. Sift the flour over the milk and eggs, then mix until just combined.
4. Stir in the cheese and onion. Pour into muffin cases.
5. Bake until browned, about 15 minutes.